Surprised to see so little action on the legislative front here in the Garden State. I went to the NJ Legislature website, and searched using the following terms :
And here’s what sparked my interest (you’re mileage may vary);
- Bill 2246 – Clears up the confusion regarding possession of hollow point bullets
- Bill A1006, and Bill S1257 – Prohibits possession of ammunition that penetrating body armor
- Bill A754 – Clarifies that BB Guns are not Firearms in NJ
- Bill 4239 – Makes it even more illegal to use defaced firearms. But a quick skim fails to find what *defaced* means.
- Bill A1809 – Makes materials capable of being used to make firearms look like toys illegal
- Bill S281 – Requires proof of firearms safety training as a condition for getting your NJ Firearms ID card (Interestingly, the NRA is mentioned as a source of training. Surprised to see that no gun control safety groups, like CeasefireNJ, MMM of NJ, Brady’s listed. What’s with that? They swear on a stack of bibles that they’re for safety.)
- Bill S454 – Turns *airsoft* guns into firearms
- Bill A1384 – Revises procedures for getting a permit to carry a gun. (Note: NJ doesn’t differentiate between Open or CCW carry)
UPDATE: This is the type of thing that should be looked into every few months. Never know when something will get listed.
ADD’L UPDATE: I’ve been unable to located any bills regarding ammunition encoding, or handgun microstamping. If anybody else does, let it be known