So gun controllers always parrot about how law enforcement overwhelmingly supports gun control…..really?
A recent poll of 15k confirmed LEO’s says otherwise, here’s the bullet points
- 2.7% support magazine restrictions
- 1.6% support a semi auto ban based on a theory that it would ‘significantly’ reduce crime
- 3% support the Obama administrations legislative goals because it would allegedly keep them safe
- 7.2% do not support LE leaders statements regarding NOT supporting overly restrictive anti gun legislation
- 7.9% would publicly support overly restrictive anti gun legislation
- 0.9% support gun bans as a way to prevent mass shootings
- 1.5% support tighten anti gun laws
- 5.5% believe that civilian CCW would result in more causalities in mass shootings
- 1.5% support schools being ‘gun free zones’
- 11.2% believe gun buybacks reduce crime
- 58.8% support tougher penalties for ‘straw purchases’
- 14.4% support mandatory training for certain firearms
- 4.4% blame easy access to guns for societies ills, while 38.1% say it’s due to declining parenting and family values.
Hat Tip to David Codrea at The War on Guns